From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-11 23:05:13

Deane Yang <deane_yang_at_[hidden]> writes:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>>
>> Lots of reasons: easier installation, I happen to know it really well
>> since we wrote C++TMP in it, more sensible parsing rules, I have
>> complete and working emacs syntax coloring (makes a huge difference),
>> shorter toolchain, a great path to PDFs (please don't say "FOP").
>>

> Are all of these things already available in boost somewhere?

I don't understand what you mean. What things?

> Is it possible for me to set all of this up, too?

Sorry, you'll have to be more specific.

> I also use docutils and emacs, and I would like to generate PDF
> documentation. I tried writing my own bjam files to convert from
> rst to latex to pdf, but I'm not particularly good at this.

That's the path. 'Till now I've used a Makefile for that purpose, but
only because I haven't had the time to set up BBv2 to generate pdfs;
it would probaby be easy. See

http://boost.org/libs/iterator/doc/GNUmakefile

for a hint ;-)

> I just found docutils.jam, but I'm not sure whether I have to do
> anything special to make sure that the docutils scripts are found.

If your docutils is installed (e.g. in your Python's site-packages),
it's just

  using docutils ;

but I think I only ever wrote RST->HTML support in docutils.jam.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting