From: David Klein (dave_chp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-12 15:13:30

David Abrahams wrote:
> David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>>> 4)
>>> why is only boost python "hyper linked"?
>> No reason. Asked and answered in a previous message.
>
> This might have seemed ungrateful; sorry. I appreciate your feedback;
> I'm just short of time and sleep.

Don't worry, no offense taken.

>>> 5)
>>> I'd actually would swap 5.2 and 5.3 ... i think most windows users
>>> prefer using stuff in an ide an not on the cmdline, so using IDE should
>>> come before cmdline.
>> True, but the IDE instructions are much more complicated than the
>> cmdline instructions. I've been using the principle that when
>> the tracks bifurcate, branches are ordered from shortest to
>> longest, to make it easier to find the branch you want.
>
> Does that make sense or should I have used a different criterion?

Well yes it does, but I probably would have ordered by
"most common use" or something like that.

Regarding ordering, i noticed a minor inconsistency in the
build sample | get/build boost | link to boost layout.

5.x *nix
        windows
6.x windows
        *nix
7.x windows
        *nix

I'd reorder to start with the same OS in every paragraph.

> I think, ultimately, it would be best if we had a separate document
> for each platform/environment. Unfortunately I don't currently have
> the technology to do that (though maybe I will switch to QuickBook and
> get what I need).

BTW, just spotted a small typo: 7.2 Link to a Boost Library On *nix
The o is uppercase in the 7.2 headline and the content box.

--
regards,
dave