From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-14 22:04:43

Glenn Schrader wrote:

> I had a problem compiling boost on a sparc solaris 2.8 platform. After a
> bit of digging the change below (notice the end of the #if). The code in
> the #else calls strerror_r but solaris doesn't have it.

Hum... See http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/816-5168/6mbb3hrti?a=view

It looks like Solaris 10 at least does have strerror_r.

Are you really using 2.8? How old is that?

Could the problem really be that error_code.cpp is including <cstring>,
but really needs to include <string.h>?

Given that Sun does support strerror_r on some versions, I'd like to
only fallback to strerror when absolutely necessary.

> Is this the correct place to send this sort of thing or is there a more
> formal bug tracking system?

This is fine. It really helps, however, to include the library name
("[system]" in this case) in square brackets at the start of the subject
line. That helps to direct the posting to the right Boost developer.

Thanks,

--Beman