From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-15 12:15:16

James Dennett wrote:
> Beman Dawes wrote:
>> Glenn Schrader wrote:
>>
>>> I had a problem compiling boost on a sparc solaris 2.8 platform. After a
>>> bit of digging the change below (notice the end of the #if). The code in
>>> the #else calls strerror_r but solaris doesn't have it.
>> Hum... See http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/816-5168/6mbb3hrti?a=view
>>
>> It looks like Solaris 10 at least does have strerror_r.
>
> A quick check on some development machines suggests that Solaris 9 does
> not. In areas in which I've worked, most systems have not upgraded to
> Solaris 10.

OK, thanks! The task now becomes how do we distinguish between systems
with and without strerror_r?

Do you know if <cstring> and/or <string.h> come with Solaris or with the
Sun compiler or perhaps separate from either?

Boost's 1.34.0 regression test config_info is reporting:

   Sun compiler version 0x580
     sun =1
     __SUNPRO_CC =0x580
     __sun =1

If the header comes with the compiler, perhaps we can use the
__SUNPRO_CC value to discriminate.

Thanks,

--Beman