From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-18 05:48:14

Hi Austin,

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 13:42:09 +0000 (UTC), "Austin Bingham"
<abingham_at_[hidden]> said:
> Along those lines, has there been any thought about separating the
> io_service functionality into a separate library? A robust, tested
> work-thread queue system has lots of applications aside from the
> (relatively) narrow purview of asio. People might be more likely to
> find and use it if it's advertised as a more general purpose tool.
> Just a thought.

The implementation of io_service is coupled to I/O, so I don't think
it's appropriate to separate it out. However, an interface that consists
of just post/dispatch/run etc could certainly be implemented as a
separate library, if somebody wanted to do that.

Cheers,
Chris