From: Oliver.Kowalke_at_[hidden]
Date: 2006-12-18 10:18:39

> > Would autocnf be integrated into boost build process we
> could prevent
> > such ugly Preprocessor defines.

> No. I've read many of your replies about autoconf by now. And
> I'm unclear if you are purposefully not understanding other
> peoples explanations as to why it's not helpful. Both in the
> context of the original problem and many others.

Sorry - maybe I'm too stupid I still don't know why autoconf is not
helpful.
A lot of projects use autoconf for portable programming (at least for
UNIX).

(defined(__linux) && (!defined(__USE_XOPEN2K) || ...

I'm using autoconf in my projects (which compile and run on different
UNIX flavours) and I don't have such statements like:

defined(__linux) && (!defined(__USE_XOPEN2K) || ...

Oliver