From: Alexander Nasonov (alnsn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-03 13:46:16

Andrey Semashev wrote:
> Although I was pointing out something different in my previous post,
> returning a state or a reference to it has one major drawback. What
> "on_process" should return if the next state depends on the event
> contents?

It would return variant<State1&, State2&, /* ... */ >. Visual
representation of FSM would be fuzzy but it still better than no
visual representation at all.

> Besides, when returning a reference, where should the state
> object be stored?
For example, in a state machine object.

> It may not be the current state member since it is
> destroyed on state exit. So, once again, it may only be a member of
> some outer state.
Not necessarily. It may be a member of a state machine.

--
Alexander Nasonov
http://nasonov.blogspot.com
	  | sed -e 's/^document\.write(.//' -e 's/.);$/ --/'  \
	        -e 's/<[^>]*>//g' -e 's/^More quotes from //' \