From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-07 08:53:35

David Abrahams wrote:
> I refactored the getting started guide into separate documents.
> Please see
>
> http://www.boost-consulting.com/boost/more/getting_started.html
>
> Library authors have not posted any working URLS of library-specific
> build instructions, so library names other than Boost.Python all link
> to the librarys' top-level pages.

For the thread lib this is:
boost_root/doc/html/thread/build.html#thread.build.building

This link is available after the docs have been built. No stub available.

While trying to update this piece of the doc I found the following:

1) The getting started guide uses " --toolset= " while the bbv2 manual
states " toolset= ". Obviously both versions work. Which one should go
into the documentation?

2) The Boost.Build ref link from the windows.html getting started points
to tools/build/v2. This might be fine when viewed over a web server but
opens a directory when viewed from the filesystem. I suggest correcting
this link to use the index.html file.

3) The only place I have found where toolset names are explicitely named
is in the getting started guide. I intend to link to
/more/getting_started/windows.html#identify-your-toolset. Questions are
if this is a stable link and how this will work in a pdf scenario?

4) I tried to build the getting_started doc on my local machine. But no
luck. What do I need beyond using docutils ; in my user-config.jam?

Regards
Roland