From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-08 16:47:17

Roland Schwarz wrote:

> Vladimir Prus wrote:
>> Roland Schwarz wrote:
>> You did not say that command did you run, in which directory,
>> and what error did you get.
>
> I thought this was obvious, since I am comparing two snapshots, one of
> them was working. -> cd boost_root/doc -> bjam

It was not obvious; you might have being building just Thread docs.

>> And which of the 24 (or 25?) existing timezones is this?
>
> Good question! Of course I do know my timezone (UTC+1) but is this the
> time I specify in cvs update (didn't find out)? But I can tell you the
> time of the cvs check in notification e-mail that was generated:
> Sat, 06 Jan 2007 04:39:45 -0800 (There are actually three of them.)
>
>> As of few minutes ago, running "bjam -n" in the "doc" directory
>> of an up-to-date RC tree works fine for me. I did not change
>> anything is boostbook code. I have some guesses what breakage that
>> could be, but perhaps you can try again?
>
> I tried again - and still failed. And some observation which might be of
> help: I removed the doc directory and then cvs update(ed) afresh
> (thereby removing the xml subdir). Also I removed the bin.v2 dir before
> the build. I guess the error is somehow related to doxygen not
> rebuilding the xml (it is doxygen building this dir isn't it?).
>
> Hmm, why bjam -n? This doesn't update anything? I just run bjam.
>
> As already said, I can send you the build logs of both cases if you need
> them.

I though that in last mail I quite clearly complained about the
missing error message. You still did not include it.

Eventually, I figured out that the error comes from XSLT processor,
not from bjam as I've assumed all the time. It appears the doxygen.jam
version I've merged to branch is broken. I've reverted this merge.

Now, this seem to mean that we have *two* bugs on HEAD that make
building docs impossible. Not quite nice, we really should have
better regression testing for docs.

- Volodya