From: Art Stamness (artstamness_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-01 15:29:35

On Jan 31, 2007, at 6:31 PM, Chris Weed wrote:

> Hi,
> I looked at the docs, but some of the links are broken on the first
> page.
> I tried IE and Firefox.

I have replaced the dead links, and placed unfinished comments next
to documentation that are yet to be complete.

> I also found some of the examples confusing, such as clicking
> bit_array -> select, and the example used a bit_vector.

I have added a large note at the top of pages with shared
functionality, so any, none, select, iterators, pack, unpack, and
flip should all say that these functions are equivalent across
bit_containers: bit_array, bit_vector, bit_container adaptor.

> Even more confusing is the lack of documentation of the classes'
> template argument.

I have added template argument list documentation to all classes, and
class template functions.

> Also, If I can do the following
> typedef bit_array<16> 16bits;
> I would also expect to be able to get the size value at compile time
> through a const, static value or enum, such as 16bits::size.

It is there. bit_array<16>::static_size is an enum of value 16. This
is done the same as you would find with boost::array<int,
10>::static_size .

Thank you for your feedback.

-Art