Boost logo

Boost :

From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-02 14:19:06

"Alexander Nasonov" <alnsn_at_[hidden]> wrote

> TPL suffixes are sometimes inconvenient. I implemented a wrapper
> that derives from BOOST_TYPEOF(wrap(something)) in emulation mode.
>
> The wrap function is
>
> template<class T> mpl::identity<T> wrap(T&);
>
> It's somewhat similar to BOOST_TYPEOF_NESTED_TYPEDEF but not a
> replacement for it. Is there any interest in my idea?

Only if you can prove that it works on all the compilers ;-)

My attempts to remove _TPL by using mpl::identity (and a few other
indirection ways), immediately after Boost.Typeof acceptance, resulted in
ICE on one of older compilers -- I think it was GCC 3.3, debug mode only,
windows.

> BTW, BOOST_TYPEOF_NESTED_TYPEDEF cannot be used at function/block
> scope but this fact is not documented.

I think Peder was going to do this at some point... Peder?

Regards,
Arkadiy

Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk