From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-02 15:06:38

"Dean Michael Berris" <mikhailberis_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Hi Gennadiy!
>
> On 2/2/07, Gennadiy Rozental <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> "Dean Michael Berris" <mikhailberis_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> >
>> > That being said, that discussion is a good 4 months ago, and would like
>> > to ask the following questions to those who might be interested in
>> > something like this:
>> >
>> > * What degree of integration with Boost.Test be "suitable"? Though I
>> > see Boost.Test has a wealth of preprocessor macro's going about, it
>> > shouldn't be hard to integrate at that level.
>>
>> I do not have time at the moment to look though your code. But just as a
>> information:
>>
>> Starting Boost1.34 Boost.Test includes "Interaction based testing"
>> support.
>> The support is presented as a framework for different extensions. The two
>> "extensions" implemented already within the Boost.Test is "Logged
>> expectation testing" and "Exception safety testing". If you are
>> interested
>> they are in cvs HEAD and RC.
>>

> Interesting, do you have any documentation regarding how to implement
> extensions?

No I am woring on the docs for this part of Boost.Test.

> Or at least can you lead me on to which parts of
> Boost.Test I should start looking into? I already have Boost CVS HEAD
> at the moment...

Take a look on:

boost/test/
exception_safety.hpp
interaction_based.hpp
logged_expectations.hpp
mock_object.hpp

boost/test/impl/
exception_safety.ipp
interaction_based.ipp
logged_expectations.ipp

libs/test/example

est_example1.cpp
est_example2.cpp
logged_exp_example.cpp

>> How does it correspond to what you are trying to do? Do you see any
>> intersections and or possible additions to what Boost.Test currently
>> presents.
>>

> I guess it would be better to show an example of what the BDD
> interface is about:
>
> std::string str = "Hello, World!";
> value(str).should.equal("Hello, World!");
>
> I had been thinking that the implementation of
> `value(str).should.equal(...)' should use something like
> BOOST_CHECK_EQUAL(str, ...).

Sorry. I do not see your point. Why can't you write:

BOOST_CHECK_EQUAL(str, "Hello, World!")

Maybe after reading code and/or examples you could give me some comparison
of what I have and what you want to do. Be aware that I may not be familiar
with some of the term you are using.

Gennadiy