From: AlisdairM (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-08 06:03:57

John Maddock wrote:

> The library is indeed a bit of a large conglomerate that will be
> tricky to review - unfortunately the three parts are quite
> intertwined from an implementation POV :-(

Is the inteface equally intertwined, or just the implementation?

If it is purely implementation, it might make sense to have a 3-stage
review, where each component is focussed on. That might better support
reviews from those with knowledge of one or two domains, but not the
whole system.

Whether you go the whole way and name each component as it was its own
library, seprate to the shared implementation, would be another matter.

e.g. phoenix and fusion have clearly grown a life of their own away
from the libraries that spawned them, and I suspect proto will do the
same.

Coversely, Wave is a distinct library from Spirit, although entirely
build on top of it.

--
AlisdairM