From: Deane Yang (deane_yang_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-10 19:57:33

Matthias Schabel wrote:
>> I currently use my own homegrown units template library and
>> implemented
>> +/-(1/2) powers.
>>
>> Deane
>
> Hi Deane,
>
> Just out of curiosity, what drove you to implement your own? Have you
> had a
> chance to try the latest versions of mcs::units? Since I'm proposing
> it as an
> official Boost library, I'd like to get as much input from
> prospective users at
> the front end as possible so, if there are reasonable use cases that
> it doesn't
> accommodate reasonably easily now, changes can be made.

I implemented mine years and years ago. Both linear and affine units. At
the time, there were no template template parameters, and this made
things awkward because I don't always want an underlying double (I often
need a UDT) representing the number.

I've been very interested in these libraries, but so far they are all
too physics-centric for my taste. Also, I've been totally overwhelmed,
so I haven't had the time to look at your library at all.

I think I took a look at an earlier version and commented favorably on
it, though.

If I ever find the time, I'll take a look and comment. If you dig
through the boost archives, you'll find lots of comments by me about
what I'm looking for.