From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-11 09:17:47

Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:

> Unnecessary bloat. Maybe, when someone calls the code, crashes.

Bloat yes, crash no.

None can call it in a way, it would crash. Since the m_sys_err cannot be
non-zero. Only if a user code calls throw lock_error(...) , which user
code isn't expected to, then trying to access the (undocumented
internal) function message this will ever be possible.

> I'm a bit frustrated, please don't take it as a personal attack.

No need to. The patch finally is applied.
Some words though.

1) If you had pointed me to the old posting where I could have had seen,
    that the previous maintainer (Michael Glassford) already had
    decided to apply this patch, I would have had saved time, and just
    applied.

2) You, and every other have the right to expect from me, that I will
    not blindly apply patches without review. (And this always costs
    time, which I not always have.)

3) I want to thank you for your patience, and invite you to further
    contributions.

Roland