From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-14 04:00:14

"Thorsten Ottosen" <thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
>> Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
>>
>>>"Thorsten Ottosen" <thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

>>>Strange, I do not have any problems reading my post. Here it is:
>>

>> Thanks. I guess it may be a thunderbird problem.
>>
>> It looks good.

Does it mean you would be interrested in getting this into Boost.Test?

My original plan was to create a bunch of runtime testers for variety of
predicates invariants/concepts

Reflexivity
Irreflexivity
Symmetry
Antisymmetry
Transitivity
Transitivity of equivalence
Partial ordering
Strict weak ordering
Total ordering

I will need to do some aditional investigation to see what else need to be
covered.

>> I'm don't think it is necessary to check for
>>
>> // Check for transitivity of equivalence:
>> // !cmp(a,b) & !cmp(b,c) -> !cmp(a,c)
>>
>> doesn't that follow from antisymmetri and transitivity?
>
> If we should believe the SGI docs, the property does not follow.
> However, you seem to have misread the property.
>
> It should be
>
> !cmp(a,b) && !cmp(b,a)
> &&
> !cmp(b,c) && !cmp(c,b)