From: Michael Marcin (mmarcin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-14 06:13:02

Paul A Bristow wrote:
>> From experience producing code that compiles cleanly MSVC 8.0 at
>> level 4,
>
> may I suggest that none of these are helpful warnings and should be
> suppressed:
>
> # pragma warning(disable: 4127) // conditional expression is constant

Really?

I would tend to take that as a sign that the code in question could be
written differently to avoid the conditional, perhaps using SFINAE overloads
if its controlled by a template parameter's value.

Although IIRC MSVC doesn't like while( 1 ) which is sort of annoying but it
is ok with for( ; ; ) maybe that's what your referring too.

- Michael Marcin