From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-16 00:41:36

Robert Ramey wrote:
> Is this documented anywhere?

Hm, I don't know where the BBv2 syntax I mentioned is documented. But
the tutorial does talk about an even simpler syntax of just adding
"debug" or "release"
<http://boost.org/boost-build2/doc/html/bbv2/tutorial.html>. And the
front page mentions the profile variant
<http://boost.org/boost-build2/>. Aha, here's the exact docs
<http://boost.org/boost-build2/doc/html/bbv2/advanced/builtins/features.html>.

> My current preferred development platform is VC 7.1 . In 7.0 Microsoft
> dropped support for an execution profile in favor of another system which is
> much less convenient to use. Does BJAM support this?

I don't know. First of, I've never used the VC profile support so I
could not even begin to guess what you mean. But looking at the toolset
sources, for msvc it doesn't seem to add any options to the commands
when profiling=on.

> So I guess I should have said "to my knowledge" rather than "in my view".
> Sorry about that.

No need to apologize :-) I'm about as uninformed as you in this respect.
Hence why I'm asking what's wanted/needed/available.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything