From: Andrey Semashev (andysem_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-17 16:32:50

Hi,

Once again I've uploaded the latest Boost.FSM version to the Vault.
This update contains minor docs changes and (hopefully) fixes
multithreading issues pointed out in the discussion earlier.

The major addition in this update is a lightweight call_once
implementation. I've tried my best to make it portable enough and
fast, but I have absolutely no experience in some platforms I had to
support. So, for example, BeOS and MacOS support is implemented
exclusively by docs I've found for these OSes. I have no chance
neither compile nor test it on a real platform like that. That said, I
would be glad if someone experienced would have a look at that code or even
try to compile it in the real environment.

As a side note, I was thinking if this lightweight call_once
implementation and memory barrier macros it incorporates should be
extracted from the Boost.FSM library to some more common place, like
boost/detail. This would make it more convenient to use the code from
other libs, for example, a singleton implementation library that was
under discussion not long ago. Is it reasonable?

Thank you.

--
Best regards,
 Andrey                          mailto:andysem_at_[hidden]