From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-20 16:24:12

Darren Garvey wrote:
> All the fails for gcc 3.4.4 on cygwin seem to be down to __int64 not being
> defined properly. According to google, cygwin on Windows doesn't define
> __int64 (at least for gcc). Adding "-D__int64=long long" to the command line
> sounds (<cxxflags>?) like it should fix it, although I've no idea if making
> users do that themselves is frowned upon?

Unfortunately this isn't the _real_ problem.
It is simple enough to have the missing type (long long aka. _int64)
defined. I adjusted pyconfig.h for testing, until I recognized what the
problem really is:

The g++ in its default configuration creates dll,s that depend on the
cygwin1.dll. The used python executable depends on msvc.dll.

I do not understand enough about the python wrapper lib, but my bets
are, it will not work loading a plugin that depends on a different
runtime dll.

If I am correct, I think the only resolution is to mark this combination
as n/a.

The deeper problem: detecting the link compatibility will need more
research, and has to be addressed within Boost.Build I guess.

Roland