From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-21 03:08:09

David Abrahams wrote:
> Boost.Python has always worked with Cygwin GCC, but if you don't use
> -mno-cygwin, you have to use the cygwin version of Python (the one
> installed when you select it in the Cygwin installer). Currently the
> Python support in BBv2 on Windows and Cygwin is a total mess, which
> may explain why it isn't working for you. I'm trying to fix that up
> now.

IMHO -mno-cygwin _is_ _not_ cygwin, but mingw!

Currently the cygwin/mingw support in bbv2 also is a mess. Python only
builds on top of this. :-(

Open questions:

1) should cygwin / mingw tag be a
   *) part of the toolset name like in intel-win intel-linux
   *) part of the version e.g. gcc-3.4.4-cygwin
   *) be an independant feature (like is now)

2) Shouldn't cygwin/mingw rather be modelled as a stdlib property?
   stdlib=native/cygwin/mingw

3) We will need canonical toolset names for use in Jamfile's. The
   current situation where users can invent arbitrary version-names
   defeats this.

Regards,
Roland