From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-28 11:58:31

Robert Ramey wrote:
> A while ago I made a suggestion about using the spirit parser with
> its associated xml grammers.
>
> No one has commented on this. I'm curious why this idea doesn't seem
> to be attractive to anyone else.. I used it with very good results
> in the serialization library. It created a much more robust and
> maintainable parser than I could have done by hand. What am I
> missing here?

Robert,

Indeed, it's a very interesting question.
I like the idea of Spirit parser, not only for XML processing,
but from time to time I got some comments that Spirit performance for
parsing big input is not very good.
Although, I've never seen any numbers presenting bad performance of
Spirit, I think people may be scared of using it for parsing big data sets.

Cheers

--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net