From: Boris Kolpackov (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-02 12:31:17

Joel de Guzman <joel_at_[hidden]> writes:

> > - entity references
>
> yes

Well, if you don't do DTD parsing then you can't possibly support
entity references. They are defined in DTD.

> > - DTD well-formedness checking, entity declaration processing and
> > replacement, substitution of default attribute values, etc.
>
> no. it is not validating.

As already pointed out, in order to be conforming non-validating
XML parser it still needs to parse and perform a number of tasks
on DTD. This is all spelled out very clearly in the spec.

Though I am impressed you support namespaces and character references.

-boris

--
Boris Kolpackov
Code Synthesis Tools CC