From: Julio M. Merino Vidal (jmmv84_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-04 08:20:22

On 04/03/2007, at 3:08, Mathias Gaunard wrote:

> Alexander Nasonov wrote:
>
>> Other interesting project related to asio is asyncronous database
>> access.
>
> I am personally still looking forward to asynchronous access to pipes
> and such.
> I thought this was supposed to come with a later version of
> boost.process, but I don't even know what the status of
> boost.process is
> now.

This is something I want to continue working on eventually, but other
stuff (university and some other projects) have got in the way :-( I
think the version in the Subversion repository works, and it has
evolved somewhat since the 0.1 release was published based on
multiple suggestions from the preliminary review.

Fortunately, when I get back to this, development should be far
easier thanks to Parallels and virtualization, that I can now run in
my machine :-)

FWIW the next step in Boost.Process I was going to take was exactly
that: allow asynchronous communication with child processes and
asynchronous notification of their termination. But I got stalled
trying to understand how to merge this features properly into
Boost.Asio and didn't have enough time to continue investigating how
to achieve this.

Kind regards,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84_at_[hidden]>