From: Kevin Heifner (heifner_k_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-05 15:32:10

Bjørn Roald wrote:
> Kevin Heifner wrote:
>> Bjørn Roald wrote:
>>
>>> A study of the format differences and
>>> similarities of the Jamfile and .mpc files would be interesting. Has
>>> anybody looked into this?
>>>
>> That would be interesting. I confess that I'm not that familiar
>> with Boost.Build.
>>

> I will take a look at this. Is there other MPC documentation than the
> README and USAGE files in the ACE distro, and FAQ at the
> http://www.ociweb.com/products/mpc/faq.html that I should know of? I am
> not an expert on neighter bbv2 or mpc, so I will do this to learn a bit
> for myself.

The README is the best. There is also the Chapter from the TAO
1.4a Developer's Guide that can be found here:
http://downloads.ociweb.com/MPC/MakeProjectCreator.pdf

You can also take a look at the mpc files in the boost vault.
http://www.boost-consulting.com/vault/index.php?PHPSESSID=kk5srbfv8nefn8mhg7h7v8qan5&direction=0&order=&directory=Miscellaneous
When these were created you could build all/most (don't remember)
of Boost with them.

Also feel free to email me with any questions. Off list is fine.

KevinH

--
Kevin Heifner  heifner @ ociweb.com  http://heifner.blogspot.com
           Object Computing, Inc. (OCI) www.ociweb.com