From: Deane Yang (deane_yang_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-06 21:02:35

Noah Roberts wrote:
> Deane Yang wrote:
>> Can you provide a concrete example?
>
> Formula for Fluid Compressibility through a Venturi Tube:

> With k being the SP heat ratio of the fluid passing through the venturi.
> Static dimensional analysis is impossible here. In fact dimensional
> analysis at all just isn't appropriate in these odd cases.

So you're saying that the dimension/unit library does *not* need to
worry about formulas like this, right? If so, my comments below are
off-topic.

But I'm still a skeptic. I don't see why the trick I outlined before
can't be played here, too. Tell me what each variable means and what
units it is in (if any). Or give me an online reference for this formula.