From: Gaurav.Jain_at_[hidden]
Date: 2007-03-07 09:08:52

Hi chris,

iflexsolutions.com said:

> > No issues at all. Would you want me to try out boost.asio on
Windows

> > 2003 Server (SP1) - Itanium ?

> Yes please, if it's not too much trouble. The more the merrier :)

> Cheers,

> Chris

Sorry for the late update regarding compiling and running test case. I
have used asio_3.8.0 with boost 1.33.1.

Following test cases compiled and run successfully:

test

basic_datagram_socket.cpp

basic_deadline_timer.cpp

basic_socket_acceptor.cpp

basic_stream_socket.cpp

buffer.cpp

buffered_read_stream.cpp

buffered_stream.cpp

buffered_write_stream.cpp

completion_condition.cpp

datagram_socket_service.cpp

deadline_timer.cpp

deadline_timer_service.cpp

error.cpp

io_service.cpp

is_read_buffered.cpp

is_write_buffered.cpp

placeholders.cpp

read.cpp

read_until.cpp

socket_acceptor_service.cpp

socket_base.cpp

strand.cpp

stream_socket_service.cpp

time_traits.cpp

write.cpp

test/ip

address.cpp

address_v4.cpp

address_v6.cpp

basic_endpoint.cpp

basic_resolver.cpp

basic_resolver_entry.cpp

basic_resolver_iterator.cpp

basic_resolver_query.cpp

host_name.cpp

multicast.cpp

resolver_query_base.cpp

resolver_service.cpp

tcp.cpp

udp.cpp

unicast.cpp

v6_only.cpp

Following test cases is failing while executing:

multicast.cpp

command line : /asio_test/ip>CC -I$HOME/1.33.1/64/include -xtarget=ultra
-xarch=v

9 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D__EXTENSIONS__ -library=stlport4
-features=tmplife -features=t

mplrefstatic multicast.cpp -L$HOME/1.33.1/64/lib -lboost_system-sw
-lxnet -lsocket -l

nsl

/asio_test/ip>./a.out

Running 2 test cases...

multicast.cpp(241): error in "ip_multicast_runtime::test": check !ec
failed

unknown location(0): fatal error in "ip_multicast_runtime::test":
std::length_error: b

oolean socket option resize

*** 1 failure detected in test suite "ip/multicast"

Also from ifconfig

lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu
8232 index 1

        inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000

eri0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index
2

Cheers,

Gaurav

DISCLAIMER:
This message contains privileged and confidential information and is intended only for an individual named. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute, store, print, copy or deliver this message. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. The sender, therefore, does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy version.