From: Braddock Gaskill (braddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-09 09:05:42

I just started looking at the boost::futures zip file in the vault as
well. I'd really like to use it for a current project if it is near
maturity.

Can I use it in conjunction with my own thread pool or with an active
object?

For example, I'd want something like:
int f();
future<int> val = myThreadPool.queue<int>(f);
val.ready()
val.cancel()
etc..

The documentation is incomplete except for the simple case, which
appears to spawn a new thread for every new future?

The ability to use a future with the asio::io_service in particular would
be quite powerful.

Thanks,
Braddock Gaskill
Dockside Vision Inc