From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-09 15:13:49

I'm considering migrating my unit tests to boost.test, however there is a
feature I need which I can't find in boost.test. Please correct me if I'm
wrong.

Essentially what I need is a system which, given a file name without path,
returns a fully qualified file name that places the file in the same
directory where the executable is, and also remembers the file name in an
internal file name list. When a unit test finishes, the system goes through
all files requested by the unit test. For each file, it compares it to a
file with the same name but .svd extension. If a matching .svd file does not
exist, or if it differs, the system fails the unit test, specifying the name
of the mismatched file.

For example, if I request two file names:

    frame1.tga
    frame2.tga

the system would be comparing them to

    frame1.svd.tga
    frame2.svd.tga

and if it finds any differences, or if the .svd files don't exist, will fail
the test.

Does this sound as a reasonable functionality to add to boost.test?

Thanks,
Emil Dotchevski