From: Vishnu M Menon (vishnu_m_menon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-10 11:42:24

> You might like to have a look at this thread where I
> asked the GNU libstdc++ people about this:

Thanks for the reply.

I was just wondering: my problem will be solved if I
can ensure that the shared memory is mapped to the
same virtual memory address range in all processes
that access it.

Do you know of any way this can be done in Linux and
Solaris? I have full control of how the programs will
be compiled and linked, if any change at that level is
necessary. It may not be the most general solution,
but it'll work in my case.

I realize that this discussion is beginning to veer
off topic, and this will be my last email on this!

Thanks and regards,
Vishnu

Looking for earth-friendly autos?
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/