From: me22 (me22.ca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-12 01:35:47

This is a known issue, and the path checkers have been removed from
the path class in the TR2 proposal and the implementation of said
proposal that will be in Boost 1.34 :
http://boost-consulting.com/boost/libs/filesystem/doc/design.htm#Abandoned_Designs

The boost implementation still has the name check functions for
programmers that wish to use them:
http://boost-consulting.com/boost/libs/filesystem/doc/portability_guide.htm#name_check%AD_functions
But "these functions are not included in the [TR2] proposal because of
lack of time, and uncertainty as to their fit with the Standard
Library. They can be added later if the LWG so desires."
http://boost-consulting.com/boost/libs/filesystem/doc/tr2_proposal.html#Issues

~ Scott McMurray