From: Mariano Consoni (mariano.consoni_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-12 21:20:16

Hi!

I'm a Msc. student. Last years, I've been using boost for a lot of tasks,
and I liked too much its philosophy.

Aside from that, I've worked some time creating some kind of library/code to
support the need of plugins in applications. The development went through
different approaches over the time... and I think that now I have good ideas
to do a good implementation (using .dll/.so and a framework of callback to
initialize/destroy plugins and implement the interfaces).

At least, I think that it works well in Windows and Linux (so maybe it will
work well in most unices) because I tried some prototypes and I think that
it could be a great tool for the opensource community (because as far as I
know, there isn't a library that does this job).

So I'm writing this email because I want to know if there is interest in the
community of a project of this type, because I want to participe in
Boost/SoC and if it isn't interesting I will try to find some other idea.

I know that "new library" projects maybe are bad seen for SoC, but I think
that this could be a very concrete project, with short-term useful
deliverables.

Thanks!

ps: apart from that, other idea that i've for SoC is a timer pool library,
similar to SDL's but using boost::threads.