From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-15 00:35:13

on Tue Mar 13 2007, Vladimir Prus <ghost-AT-cs.msu.su> wrote:

> Matthias Schabel wrote:
>
>> I'm having a hard time getting bjam --v2 to function properly on my
>> system;
>> it's probably just something stupid, but here's the problem :
>>
>> download latest CVS-HEAD snapshot and install
>> ./configure --with-libraries=regex,serialization,mpi
>>
>> copy bjam to /usr/local/bin
>>
>> cd $BOOST_ROOT/libs/date_time/test
>> bjam --v2
>>
>> resulting in a slew of errors like the following sample :
>>
>> "g++" -o "../../../bin.v2/libs/date_time/test/
>> testgreg_day.test/gcc-4.0.1/debug/testgreg_day" -Wl,--start-group
>
> I would suggest trying invoke bjam as follows:
>
> bjam toolset=darwin
>
> On OSX, gcc is seriously different so it deserves its own
> toolset name.

I disagree with both assertions. It's not very different (darwin.jam
contains only a small amount of additional code), and even if it were,
the differences should not result in a different toolset name.

Configuring python on windows and unix is very different, but you
wouldn't call the windows python toolset "win32" instead of "python,"
would you?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting