From: Howard Hinnant (hinnant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-20 12:43:17

On Mar 20, 2007, at 12:31 PM, Peter Dimov wrote:

>> I find it strange to template the condition var on the mutex, and
>> then
>> (separately) template the wait function on the lock type. I've opted
>> for templating the whole condvar on the lock type, as it seems more
>> coherent to me.
>
> I actually "stole" this idea from Howard IIRC. His early version was
> templated on the lock. A later iteration was templated on the mutex.
> Both
> work for me.

Actually I never templated the wait (well, except on Predicate). That
is the boost design. Here's my only paper on the subject:

   http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2006/n2094.html#cv

I only just today (as Anthony pointed it out) realized you had the two
templates and was contemplating that twist... ;-)

-Howard