From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-22 00:48:25

"Stefan Seefeld" <seefeld_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Younes M wrote:
>
>> If anyone has any other suggestions on functionality, information to
>> include in generated reports, user interface, aesthetics, coupling
>> between unit tests and the frontend, coupling between the frontend and
>> editors, or on any other topic, I would love to hear it.
>
> There are a number of things I can think of that would make running boost
> tests
> more useful and convenient. Among them:
>

> * An easy way to introspect the test suite, i.e. display all tests, with
> metadata.

This will require changes in a library

> * An easy way to run subsets of tests.

For proper implementation this will require changes in a library. It's in my
todo anyway.

> * Enhanced test run annotations, to allow report generation to build a
> more
> meaningful test report (e.g. fold multiple equivalent test runs into one,
> only consider test runs from a given time window, or associated with a
> given
> revision, etc.)

Ummm, I am not clear I undestood these

> * Support for running tests in parallel, or even on distributed hardware,
> if
> available.

I don't see this as a part of Boost.Test GUI runner. It maybe different
project. But this is more in Boost.Build domain.

> * Cross-testing support (i.e. compiling with a cross-compiler toolchain on
> host A
> for target B, then uploading the test executables to B and run it there)

The sameas above.

We need to strive for clearcut problem domain. And everything that feels
like part of Boost.Build should not be considerred here IMO (we could, but
this will be a different project)

Gennadiy