From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-25 10:14:30

Yuval Ronen wrote:

> Ok, so we come again to what seems to be the true heart of the debate.
> Do we want interoperability between the C library and the C++ library,
> and how much are we willing to pay for it. And it seems we give
> different answers to this question.

One reason for the different answers to this question is that you seem to be
attributing costs where there may be none, without bothering to go into
specifics so that your claims can be either challenged or acknowledged and
justified.

If you list specific concerns with the idea of basing <thread> on
<pthread.h>, we'll be able to stick to technicalities and move away from
what seems to have become a flame war - and maybe even produce something
useful as a result of the discussion.