From: Lewis Hyatt (lhyatt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-27 11:30:50

Sam Schetterer wrote:

> Yes. The files are all in /Sorting. I have redone the program on gcc so that
> there are no operating system dependencies, and also I have fixed all of the
> errors, and it is uploaded to vault. If you are running a low-memory
> machine, then you should consider modifying the maxn variable so that it is
> lower.

Also, as currently written, your create_id_string function writes to
uninitialized memory when it calls _ui64toa, which probably explains
some of the crashes I have seen before. Another reason you should be
using portable and safe conversion functions. Get it working first, and
then if you find that this function is a performance problem, deal with
it then.

-Lewis