From: Greer, Joe (jgreer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-02 13:26:36

The gist of what I got out of the previous discussion(s) was that what
is desired is a C++ api from which the user can construct and deploy a
logging solution tailored to their own needs. For example, one user may
need an extremely lightweight logging solution (no bells and whistles)
whereas another might like a more heavyweight solution (timestamps etc).
The user would configure what they want using the supplied logging api
via policies or whatever. Given this idea, they would then necessarily
define their own macros using their tailored logging classes. Of
course, lots of examples as to how to define these macros guide the
user.

If I am totally off base, I am sure someone else will chime in. :)

joe