From: Paul Rose (prose_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-02 18:33:22

There seems to be a substantial interface change between 1.33 and 1.34
of ptr_map.

I'm trying to move a largeish project from 1.33 to 1.34. The only
unsolved problem is that it has 21 separate declarations of a ptr_map,
each with a dozen or so uses of iterator where *iter has to be replaced
with *iter->second and iter->key() has to be replaced with iter->first.

The 1.34 documentation at http://www.boost-consulting.com/boost/ doesn't
seem to mention this, and my searches can't seem to turn up where this
was discussed.

I can see why the new interface might be preferred, but can anybody
provide a reference to the discussion (or other insight) that led to
this code-breaking change?

Ideally I'd like my code to work with both 1.33 and 1.34. Any hints on
how to do this elegantly?

Thanks,
Paul Rose