From: Jake Voytko (jakevoytko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-03 16:03:13

Matt,

I'm in the application process for Summer of Code 2007 and put
together a rapid prototype of the concept. So while I've begun work on
the idea, it's in its infancy. If you'd like to see the prototype
code, I can post it to the Sandbox Vault or provide a link. However,
since it's still in the design/redesign stages, feel free to make
suggestions for features you'd like to see!

Features I intend to add include labels of data points, smart drawing
+ labeling of axis intervals, the ability to include a least-squares
regression with the data, ability to highlight or label min/max
values. Right now it only supports vector<double>, which was used to
iron out the interface, but will quickly be changed to support
iterators for generic STL containers, much as <algorithm> functions
do. As long as the user provides a pointer to a function to convert an
object to a floating point value, they will be able to graph any
container of any object.

As a reference, the current prototype's capabilities are indicated in
the following .svg file. This shows a graph of the functions f(x) =
.5x and f(x) = x^2 graphed from -10<=x<=10. This is not the nicest
"window" with which to view it, but it demonstrates that the user can
change it at his/her whim.

http://www.tcnj.edu/~voytko2/first.svg

So you should not have to wait much past the summer for a working
version of this program!
Jake