From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-03 18:04:55

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 23:57:21 +0200
"Julio M. Merino Vidal" <jmmv84_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> programs that need the binary libs to compile fine. The "suffixes"
> and versioning of Boost make things more complex when compared to
> those libraries built by the typical automake/autoconf/libtool
> system. (I have almost no experience with Win32, so I don't know
> what problems arise there though.)

I don't mind the suffixes. In fact, I like them. It gives me
flexibility and my build environment automatically selects the proper
ones.

The part that bothers me is the Boost.Build system itself. It is
extremely complex, hard to use, and difficult to manage anything other
than "out of the box" builds.

If you want to make any teeny-tiny-minor change, it's like pulling a bad
tooth from a pregnant walrus.