From: Richard Smith (richard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-05 06:38:57

Vladimir Prus wrote:

> For avoidance of doubt -- Richard, do you have commit
> access.

No.

> If no, we have two question -- which solution to apply
> (Richard, can you indicate that) and who gets to check it
> in.

I took Thomas' email to mean the decision was Fernando's,
and it would be him (Fernando) who would commit.

I don't have strong opinions on whether we revert or apply
my patch. Reverting will definitely break precompiled
headers involving <boost/none.hpp> on VC7.1 and Borland; my
patch contains Steven Watanabe's attempt to solve this
(which I haven't been able to verify as I don't have access
to either affected platform, though it compiles and passes
its tests on other systems), and includes a test case for
the original regression, but it could introduce a regression
on some other platforms.

If Fernando thinks it's safest to simply revert, that's
absolutely fine by me.

Cheers
Richard