From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-05 10:03:35

Doug Gregor wrote:

> No reason to. Anyway, it looks like everyone is in favor of a project-
> centric layout for the Sandbox. Is the "Sandbox Organization" section
> at the bottom of the following page clear enough for everyone?
>
> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostSubversion

That looks good, thanks !
In addition, it may be good to add common infrastructure one level above
to make it easy to set up a proper build system. (My (not sy hypothetical ;-) )
xml project for example still uses Makefiles, and I have no idea yet how to
migrate to boost.build.)
May be this would be a good place to use svn:externals for, i.e. set up
a build system similar to the one in trunk, and let users refer to it
from their own projects via svn:externals ? With that, whenever I check out
boost-sandbox/xml, I get a fully self-contained working copy, without having
to maintain the common (infrastructure) bits myself.

Thanks,
                Stefan