From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-05 19:51:54

on Thu Apr 05 2007, "Daniel Walker" <daniel.j.walker-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/27/07, David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, we have a system (see tools/litre) that allows us to embed
>> testing instructions in the source for our documentation. Actually
>> the process assembles source files and a Jamfile. We then run all the
>> tests in that Jamfile. If you look at the .rst files that document
>> the use of lambda, you can see that those examples are tested.
>
> Aha! Litre sounds like a good idea. How are you supposed to run it?

I have to beg ignorance; I wrote the original thing for testing the
examples in "C++ Template Metaprogramming" and Daniel W. made lots of
modifications and did the testing for the parameter lib; I don't
remember how to use it anymore :-/. Daniel?

> I'd like to try to see what happens with the .rst files that document
> using lambda. Is the litre test a build target in a Jamfile?

Wow; I thought we were checking that stuff in. Ignorance again.
Daniel?

>> > I like the idea of replacing the lambda example with a boost::bind
>> > example as Daniel suggested above.
>>
>> Daniel, can you do that?
>
> You mean Daniel Wallin, not me, right?

Yep.