From: Paul Mensonides (pmenso57_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-06 06:14:38

I have an idea of what's going on, but I'm not absolutely sure. EDG added a
Microsoft-compatibility mode to the preprocessor that is supposed to emulate
Microsoft's broken preprocessor. I don't know if that new front-end made it
into Comeau's newest beta or not. I did run all of the preprocessor library's
regression tests against the new preprocessor in Microsoft-compatibility mode
(with the pp-lib set in VC mode also) and didn't run into any problems. In that
compatibility mode, the strict (non-full-of-workarounds) mode of the
preprocessor library would fail all over the place.

You said in your other post that defining the pp-lib's CONFIG_FLAGS to
CONFIG_EDG fixed the problem. Is that true of these other problems as well?
Also, I'm wondering why it isn't using CONFIG_EDG anyway. I haven't yet
installed the 4.3.9 beta, can you tell me what the following are defined as:

__EDG__
__EDG_VERSION__
_MSC_VER

Regards,