From: Alexander Nasonov (alnsn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-06 16:16:24

Andrey Semashev wrote:
> For me the performance is of high concern. I expect the
> BOOST_SCOPE_EXIT performance to be comparable to a hand-written scope
> guard like that:
>
> struct guard
> {
> ~guard()
> {
> // guard body
> }
> };

My last solution wraps scope-exit-block into a function, take an
address of this function and calls it indirectly. I don't know (yet)
if any compiler is able to optimize this call away, though.

> Another thing I expect is the guard's construction error safety. I.e.
> it may not involve things like dynamic memory allocations, TLS slot
> acquirement, etc., and should minimize copying of any user's objects.
It's very lightweight.

--
Alexander Nasonov
http://nasonov.blogspot.com
	  | sed -e 's/^document\.write(.//' -e 's/.);$/ --/'  \
	        -e 's/<[^>]*>//g' -e 's/^More quotes from //' \