From: Ari Johannesson (ari_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-07 12:41:49

Hi,

I'm using Boost.Test for unit testing a project I am working on. My
question is if there is a standard way to set up and structure your unit
test project.

I am using Eclipse/CDT on Linux and my project is an executable shell
script daemon with a bunch of classes compiled and linked into it.

In order to unit test the various classes I set up another project,
specifically for unit tests that compiles and links in all the classes
from the main project.

Now, my question is this: do I have one monolithic unittests.cpp file
that for all the unit tests or should I set up multiple files which is
preferable, e.g. one cpp file per class being tested.

Is there a standard "best practices" way to do this?

Best Regards,
Ari Johannesson