From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-07 17:21:32

We currently have an "unofficial" IRC channel which, in some ways
because of GSoC, is becoming more popular. Most times there's a good 1
to 10 ratio of developers to users on the channel. So I'm proposing we
make the IRC channel "official".

OK, some of you may be asking: What's more official than posting a link
to the channel on the website? It essentially means that some of the
Boost developers become channel operators, and possibly that we enforce
some rules on the channel, as we do on the lists.

The technical aspect of this is finding an IRC network that we are
willing to stick with. As opposed to know where it's either freenode or
efnet. After some investigation it seems that freenode
<http://freenode.net/> is the best choice for us. They provide the kind
of group registration we would want and have a better spread of servers
than the next closest choice I would find, SlashNET
<http://slashnet.org>. Now for freenode there's a registration process
to ensure the validity of the request
<http://freenode.net/group_registration.shtml>

Questions?