From: Alexander Nasonov (alnsn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-09 02:43:02

Gregory Dai wrote:
> Well, I'm very late to this thread of discussion, but I'd like to add my
> $0.02.
>
> Why would we go through so much complexity? Remember the simple and basic
> principle of RAII? In situations like this, you just make a simple wrapper
> of the FILE* ...
Please read the tutorial starting from

   First off, ScopeExit is recommended only if RAII doesn't fit well. For
   example, if you plan to call std::fclose from inside ScopeExit, you
   should probably replace pointers to std::FILE with fstream objects or
   write a wrapper for std::FILE.

   Lets assume you need to maintain an in memory database of Person
   objects:

http://194.6.223.221/~nasonov/scope_exit-0.02/libs/scope_exit/doc/html

> No need of a "try ... catch" block at all, much less of "finally," which is
> an unnecessary addition in C#, IMHO.
ScopeExit doesn't need try-catch either.

--
Alexander Nasonov
http://nasonov.blogspot.com
	  | sed -e 's/^document\.write(.//' -e 's/.);$/ --/'  \
	        -e 's/<[^>]*>//g' -e 's/^More quotes from //' \