From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-09 17:32:28

Hello fellow Boosters,

GCC 4.3 will have an experimental C++0x mode containing several of
the new features coming into the language. I have started nightly
regression testing of Boost CVS HEAD on the current version of GCC
4.3 using this experimental mode. The "OSL5" tester will run nightly,
and allow us to try out these new features within Boost. Of course,
please use the new BOOST_HAS_* feature macros (described in the
config library documentation for CVS HEAD) to test for specific
features when using them in your Boost library. The compiler running
these tests supports the following C++0x features:

        - Rvalue references
        - Right angle brackets
        - Default template arguments for function templates
        - Delegating constructors
        - decltype
        - Static assertions
        - C99 preprocessor
        - Variadic templates

The version of GCC used in this tester is a patched version of the
FSF GCC from their mainline (4.3) compiler, which I update
periodically. For more information about the specific patches I have
applied, see the OSL5 summary in the regression tests. For more
information about the experimental C++0x mode in the upcoming GCC
4.3, see http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.3/changes.html.

Have fun!

        Cheers,
        Doug